Mint

  • Peppermint Brownie Sandwiches

    Peppermint Brownie Sandwich Bars

    February 20th, 2016

    I know, I know.  This dessert looks like I missed the December holiday train, and I’ve gotta be honest, I kind of did. I technically made the candy-cane-littered dessert in time for the whole Christmas rush thing, and I even parsed a few off to my 101 year-old Grandma who eats chocolate for breakfast (I […]

    Read More

  • Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bites

    Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bites

    March 15th, 2014

    Yes, another deviation off the World’s Greatest Fudge Brownie recipe, folks. Eat it up. Especially if you’re into the mint chocolate thing, which 95% of you are.  (For the remaining 5% of you freaks, what can I say?  Make this recipe without the mint chocolates, or go make a Zucchini Bread or something.) Adapted from my World’s Greatest […]

    Read More

  • Mint Chocolate Ganache Fudge Brownie

    Mint Chocolate Ganache Covered Fudge Brownies

    June 13th, 2012

    Yes, it’s exactly as marvelous as it sounds. You take the World’s Best Fudge Brownie, and then you drape it with a thick blanket of bittersweet chocolate ganache that’s infused with rich, cooling mint. You then let it set just long enough to slice, and then you dig on in… allowing some of the excess ganache (and there will be excess if you’ve poured it on in excessively excessive excess quantity, as instructed) to ooze over the edge of your perfectly cut confection. I am a firm believer that any kind of dessert that oozes is a keeper. So slather the ganache on top of a bare, innocent batch of brownies, and keep this one all to yourself.

    Read More

  • MintChocBarkAndes

    4 Ways to Celebrate National Chocolate Mint Day

    February 19th, 2012

    I’m not being a goofball- it actually, really, honestly is National Chocolate Mint Day.
    February 19th… forever mark your calendars with this auspicious anniversary. And try a few of the mint chocolate gems below: Chocolate Mint Bark, Decadent Mint Chocolate Truffles, Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownies, and a martini known as the Boozy Chocolate Minitini. (Mint + chocolate + alcohol… I’ll cheers to that.)

    Read More

  • Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownie

    Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownies

    January 26th, 2012

    This one is obvious.

    You take a proven winner (the World’s Best Fudge Brownie) and stuff it with something mint-tastic.

    In this case, Ghiradelli’s Dark Chocolate & Mint Filled Bar fits the bill. In moments of laziness I have thrown a box of Junior Mints into the batter instead of taking the extra four minutes to layer the bar into the brownie batter, but you won’t get a layered surface of minty wonder (like in the picture off to the right- see that mint pocket? Does that excite you as much as it does me?) unless you use the bar. So read up and see how it goes.

    Read More

  • Chocolate Peppermint Patties

    Chocolate Peppermint Patties

    January 6th, 2012

    Chocolate and mint have been having a sizzling affair on the well-known couple known as chocolate and caramel. Make these patties and find out why.

    (Oh- as for the peppermint oil in the recipe- you’ll want to order it online like I had to, since peppermint extract won’t do the trick to get that rich, cool feeling in the mouth…)

    Read More